To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance. Buddha
“Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”
Abundance is a process of letting go; that which is empty can receive.
Bryant H. McGill
“Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.”
The key to abundance is meeting limited circumstances with unlimited thoughts.
- Level 1: Something good happens and we show or state our gratitude. We are in the present looking back. This is the most common but it’s conditional.
- Level 2: Something good is happening and we recognize it as good and live in the moment. This is the idea of pure joy. When we take the time to analyze it and then be thankful, we are back into level 1. This is in the now, being happy with what is.
- Level 3: Being grateful for what hasn’t yet come to be. Gratitude in advance. This type of gratitude isn’t possible in the mindset of fear or worry. It is only possible when one knows and acknowledges the good that was, is and will be. This is the most enlightened and rare type of gratitude.
- You must realize that your supply and abundance isn’t creating something new. It’s realizing what is already present. We don’t have to create abundance. The supply of new ideas is ever present and unlimited. It can’t be dammed up, diverted or delayed. The focus isn’t that you need a different situation, more income or better investments, it’s that when you are listening to and aligning yourself with good and listening to your own good ideas, the actions you need to take to get what you want are revealed. It’s all predicated on the right mindset. One of abundance not scarcity.
- Define a definite desire. Desire is prayer when it comes from the right motives. So first check your motives. If your motives are not aligned with love and selflessness; you giving rather than getting, you won’t get anywhere. Having a specific desire about how you want your life to look sets your mind in motion to receive the ideas that will help you toward that goal. Listen to those thoughts and follow them. Take the first step, the subsequent steps will reveal themselves.
- Be persistent in pursuing your desire. Abundance doesn’t happen overnight, so keep your desire clearly in mind and have the courage to implement the ideas that you get. Many times the path doesn’t make sense. Follow it anyway. Make a concerted effort to listen for the ideas that will align you with abundance. If you become distracted or think that you already have it figured out the path to abundance will become faint, like losing a radio station on a road trip.
- Have complete faith that your desire will be fulfilled. As you think about your desires and take action, you may have many thoughts that start with “but…”, “if only”, etc. These are negative thoughts that are sent to throw you off track. You must turn away each and every negative thought that comes to you along the way. Abundance is unlimited expectation and every limiting thought you can come up with and believe is in essence turning away from your desires. This is important! Turning away the negativity and scarcity will keep the pathway clear and let inspired, creative thoughts run through you and lead you to your desires. This last sentence is key. You have a part in the process. The right situation isn’t going to just plop on your front doorstep, but it’s already out there and God will lead you to it through your own thoughts. But only if you allow yourself to hear and believe them.